05 November 2004

Saw


Saw

Those of you who don't like horror movies, STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
To tell you the truth, it wasn't the gore that scared me... it was the dummy. I don't know if you guys have seen him in the commercials, but fuckin A, he is the creepiest thing in the entire world. I can handle gore, obviously, considering the kinds of books I read... but guys kidnapped people and then putting them into situations where they kill themselves is just too frightening for me. One of the things I HATED about this film was the fact that some idiot out there could get the idea and try to make it work. There are some seriously fucked up people out there and I'm willing to bet someone will try it.
The acting, obviously, was terrible. Poor Cary Elwes, I thought you were better than that. VERY good twist at the end though. I think it was worth it just for the ending actually. Honestly though, there were parts that I couldn't watch, I had my hand over my eyes. If you go see it because you've been forced to, cover your eyes when a) Cary Elwes is using the phone in the parking lot and you can see a guy creeping up next to his car and b) when Alan is wandering around his pitch-black apartment, using his camera flash as a light, and he starts to open the door with the dart board on it... DO NOT WATCH DURING THOSE SCENES. I didn't... and I'm pretty sure I saved myself another two nights of little sleep.

No comments: